MET'S School of Engineering Mala (MET'S Mala or Mala Engineering College) was established by Mala Education Trust (MET) in 2002. It is accredited by the AICTE and is affiliated to the University of Calicut. MET'S Engineering situates just 3 km away from Mala town, built over a sprawling twenty seven acre lush green land, built up area of 80,000 sq. ft. serene and exquisite landscaping enhances the conclusiveness of the place to academic pursuits of learning and research.
Mohiyuddien Juma Masjid Mala which is established in 640 AD (Hijra 60) is one of the oldest mosques in India. It is said that establishing the first mosque was at Kodungallur and second one was at Mala. In the ancient period, this mosque stood as a monument of religious harmony and cultural unity. In those period, ceremonial sounds from four places of worship (Mosque, Synagogue, Church and Temple) were heard at the same time proclaiming religious unity of people dwelling at Mala and surroundings.
Snehagiri Society Mala Thrissur was founded and registered in the year 1979. It is situated about 4 km away from Mala town, registered under Charitable Societies Act, with independent legal status. Snehagiri, which means "Love Hill" is the name of the community they established. Currently about 500 families of the locality which took its name from a nucleus of about 25 families built a housing complex of that name in an area of about 5 acres of land.
Mala has number of educational institutions from the Preschools up to Post-graduation level. Besides number of schools and colleges, Mala Trichur obtained some prominent places in the higher education field such as Engineering college, BEd College, MBA College. Mala in the ancient period had rich heritage in the field of Education. Even in the Ancient period, there were efficient scholars and writers in the surrounding areas and the prominent among them were Jesuit fathers. The first printing press in Thrissur District was at Sampaloor and it was started by around 1580, by Jesuit Fathers.
Sri E.K. Divakaran Potti, a prominent personality in Malayalam Translation literature born on 28th April, 1918 at Puthenchira an adjacent Village of Mala in Thrissur District. He is a member in Edamana Illam at Puthenchira. E.K. Divakaran Potti was a high school teacher by profession from 1950 to 1973 in the Kizhakkambalam High School. He has died on 23rd July 2005 at his 87th years.
The small town has its own unique scenic beauty with back-waters and Arabian Sea. It had inland water ways and rivers connecting main trade centers of Kerala which became an ancient market place. The enchanting rivers criss-crossing canals and gurgling streams made this fertile land rich with the cultivation of coconut, arecanut, tapioca, banana, rice, ginger, pepper and vegetables.
Nedumkotta (means long fort in Malayalam language) - It was a militarily strategic Fort built by Thiruvithamkur Maharaja Karthika Thirunal Ramavarma to prevent the invasion of Samoodiri and Tippu Sultan. Beginning from the coastal area of Arabian Sea, to the Western Khat the fort was 56 km in length and was strong enough to protect the kingdom. Nedumkotta was a well planned fort with huge trenches measuring 8 meters depth and 6 meters width running parallel to the fort.
Pambummekkattu Mana, is a famous Temple devoted to Serpent Gods, situates at Vadama very close to Mala Town. It is believed that the divine presence of "Vasuki" and "Nagayakshi" are there in the "Kizhakkini" of Pambummekkattu Mana. Pambummekkattu Mana is the most famous Serpent worship centre in Kerala. The Pambummekattu lllam (also known as Mana) stands in Vadama village, a part of Mukundapuram Taluk in Thrissur District, Kerala. The nearest railway station is 10 km away at Chalakudy.
Ambookan Kochuvarkey Memorial High School, Poyya, Mala, Thrissur District, Kerala (Poyya AKMHS, Poyya, Mala)situated in calm, serene and healthy surroundings of Poyya village. AKMHS provides a balanced and creative development of their students in curricular, co-curricular activities under the guidance of the experienced, talented teachers.
The history of Sampaloor is interwoven with the Saints and Scholars who came to Sampaloor through the waterways which starting from Musiris to Mararikulam (a river port where houseboats can anchor). The name Sampaloor derived from the name, St. Paul Oor (means the place of St. Paul). Oor in Tamil language means "place".