Commuters in Kochi are eagerly waiting for the final declaration of its operational date. How would you think it will be economical to travelers? Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL) finalized its tariff to travelers subject to approval of State Govt. You can travel upto 2 km on minimum fare Rs. 10/- and 25 km on maximum fare Rs. 60/-.
KMRL provides better fetures than low floor AC Volvo buses plying within the city and other places by Kerala Urban Road Transport Corporation (KURTC).
KMRL has six fare zones named F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6 and each zone has incremented by Rs. 10/- for its higher fare. There will be discounts for season tickets, Kochi1 smart card and Mobile application for taking tickets.
Kochi Metro Rail Fares
Ticket Charges start from Aluva to other Zones:
- Pulinchodu: Rs. 10/-
- Companypady, Ambattukavu and upto Muttom: Rs. 20/-
- Kalamassery, Cochin University and upto Pathadippalam: Rs. 30/-
- Edappaly, Changampuzha Park, Palarivattom and upto Kaloor Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium: Rs. 40/-
- Kaloor, Lisie Hospital (North Town Hall), Maharaja’s College, Ernakulam South, and upto Kadavanthra: Rs. 50/-
- Elamkulam, Vytila, Thykoodam, and upto Petta: Rs. 60/-
Kochi Metro Rail has 22 stations that start from Aluva and finishes at Petta. The complete stations are listed below:
- Cochin University
- Changampuzha Park
- JL N Stadium
- M.G Road
- Maharaja’s College
- Ernakulam south