MET'S School of Engineering Mala (MET'S Mala or Mala Engineering College) was established by Mala Education Trust (MET) in 2002. It is accredited by the AICTE and is affiliated to the University of Calicut.
MET'S Engineering situates just 3 km away from Mala town, built over a sprawling twenty seven acre lush green land, built up area of 80,000 sq. ft. serene and exquisite landscaping enhances the conclusiveness of the place to academic pursuits of learning and research.
Courses Offered By MET's Mala, Thrissur
MET'S Engineering College Mala offers the following courses of 4 years duration leading to the award of BTech Degree of the University of Calicut:
- Biotechnology Engineering - The department of Biotechnology Engineering started in the year 2002 with its mission to inculcate the practical and theoretical realms of Biotechnology in the students. There are eight different laboratories for biotechnology alone with all the most modern state-of-the-art equipment.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering - The field of electronics and communication has scored potential application, myriad advantage and millions of patrons. This advancing facilities created demand for large number of sagacious conceptualized and vehement young engineers to solve the complex and challenging problem present in the hectic world. MET'S School of Engineering has taken special care to bring up alert and agile EC graduates. The school also provides well-experienced, zealous and egregious facilities whose foremost objective is to keep the students by EC Department's computerized library. Besides books, periodicals and magazine are also available which helps the students to keep their knowledge fresh and up to date.
- Computer Science and Engineering - The department of Computer Science & Engineering started functioning in the year 2002 with its mission to impart training for the students in the most modern computing technologies. The department has well qualified, experienced and hardworking faculty who are committed in developing the skills of the students in the field of computer science. The activities conducted in the department are to mold bright young computer science engineers for the top-class MNCs. The department also offers the various elective subjects according to the current trends in the industry. Also the department conducts invited lectures by eminent Professors from IIT Madras, IISc Banglore and NIT Calicut. The department has memberships in professional organizations such as IEEE, ISTE and CSI.
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering - This is the latest addition and the jewel in their crown. The department has currently two laboratories, AC & DC Machines lab and Electrical Workshop.
- Mechanical Engineering - Request has been made with All India Council for Technical Education New Delhi for starting New BTech course in Mechanical Engineering during 2008-09. All the infrastructural facilities have been arranged for the starting of the course. The faculties have been identified. The workshops, class rooms and drawing halls are arranged.
The Campus of MET'S Engineering College Mala
Built over a sprawling twenty seven acre lush green land, MET’S School of Engineering has a built up area of 80,000 sq. feet. Serene and exquisite landscaping enhances the conduciveness of the place to academic pursuits of learning and research.
MET’S Mala is just 5 minutes drive from Mala Town. There is ready access to public facilities like hospital, post office, bus station, taxi stand, market and places of worship. Kochi International Airport at Nedumbassery is a few kms away. Two Important railway stations on either sides, Chalakudy and Angamaly, make the place easily accessible by train.
Library of MET'S Engineering College Mala
The library is the nerve-center of any academic set up. MET'S has a well-stocked library and even the latest books in the subjects taught here are made available to students. There are some schemes by which students can borrow some course books for a whole year.
The college subscribes to different Journals, number of Newspapers and periodicals in different languages. Internet and photocopying facilities are also available.
- Fully computerized with vast collection of books, periodicals journals etc.
- A good collection of CD-ROMs.
- Round-the-clock internet facility.
Hostel of MET'S Engineering College Mala
The college provides hostel facilities for both male and female students. The male hostels are under the management of Catholic Priest, whereas the ladies hostels are managed by nuns. There is strict discipline in the hostels so parents can be confident that their sons and daughters are in capable hands when they are away from the college campus also. The fees are quite reasonable.
Transportation of MET'S Engineering College Mala
The college has Institutional buses for transporting students to different destinations like Kodakara, Trichur, Ernakulam, Irinjalakuda, Kodungallur, Angamaly, Alwaye and Chalakudy.
Students' Association of MET'S Engineering College Mala
AECE Association: Electronics and Communication Engineering Association is keeping the department lively and vibrant. Its main aim is to empower students with knowledge and including in them the spirit to trod the hazy path. Its activities include arranging extramural lectures by experts in the field and to update all the members with the latest development. It helps the students for preparing PG exams, Like GATE, GRE, GMAT etc.
BIOPROMPT Association: College has a forum that works to extract the experts of its brainy ganglia. This serves as a stage for exposure to the technological world by conducting seminars and group discussion on latest brain- storming arenas. The association also arranges in house training camps and talks by proficient think tanks. 'THE GENE' a newsletter is innovative effort from BIOPROMPT is a yearly publication.
ACES (Association of Computer Engineering Students): It is the students association of the Dept of Computer Science and Engineering. The Association conducts training in frontier areas of Computer Science to impart knowledge of core subjects, organize seminars, group discussion and workshop on topics related to Computer Science.
Goals and Objectives of MET'S Engineering College Mala
- Providing its students with an education that is the very best in the country.
- Developing in the students the passion for working hard with imagination and innovation, for the prosperity and betterment of all.
- Bring out top-class engineers in different fields, equipped with a scientific temper, technological inquisitiveness and known-how, and moral property.
Trustees of MET'S Engineering College Mala
The Mala Educational Trust is established during 2002. There are 20 members in the Trust.
Chairman: Dr. Shaju Antony Aynikkal, MBBS, MD.
Vice Chairman: Varghese Palatty.
Managing Trustees: Advocate C.T. Sabu, Sajeev Antony Aynikkal.
Contacs of MET'S Engineering College Mala
Postal Address: MET'S SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING, Kuruvilassery, Mala, Thrissur, Kerala, India, Pin: 680 735.
Phone: +91-480-2897337, +91-480-2898035, +91-480-2898033.