NSS Public School situated at Konathukunnu, a calm and serene village of Thrissur District, just 8 km from Irinjalakuda Tana, 12 km from Kodungallur Townand 30 km from Kochi Airport. The School basically intended to the needs of the rural population, who are denied of the type of school education available to those students who happen to live in costly metros and towns of the State. With this objective view a team of dedicated social workers of the area started the Mannam Educational Charitable and Welfare Society in 2002 and started this school. The School follow the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Syllabus. At present classes I to VII are run.
Objective of the NSS Public School, Konathukunnu
- Promote quality education to the rural folk.
- Involve in job-oriented courses.
- Evolve career oriented schemes to the poor.
- Help the needy members for the health and daily life.
- Encourage savings and thrift among the people.
- Assist the needy in their domestic needs like marriage, funeral and other cultural activities.
- Start and run community old age homes for those who are unable to look after their parents at home in India.
Features of NSS Public School Mannam Nagar, Konathukunnu
- School bus for most of the adjacent villages / places
- Computer classes starts at first standard itself
- Classes for dance, music, drawing
- Arabic learning classes
- Spoken English classes conducted by Mr. Byron Grainger Jones (2 days/week)
Mannam Educational Charitable and Welfare Society and the School
The school project is the 2nd important venture of Mannam Educational Charitable and Welfare Society that about to complete. The society is run by a 19 member executive committee selected from service minded elite class of the locality who include senior government officials (retired), professionals in accountancy, engineering and academics, financial consultants, non-resident repatriates and social activists.
Activities Executed and Planned by Mannam Educational Charitable and Welfare Society
The Society who run the School has no fund raising activities except to self generate funds to meet the high cost of infrastructure necessary to set up an institution of this standard. So far Society was able to canvass the cooperation of efficient local people and to acquire 2 acres of land and put up buildings worth Rs. 50 lakhs. The total assets held by the Society has a market value of 2 Crores at present.
Contacts of NSS Public School, Konathukunnu
Postal Address: NSS Public School, Mannam Nagar, Konathukunnu, Pincode: 680123, Thrissur District, Kerala
Phone Number: 0480-286-9490 / 290-1280