SCMS School of Engineering and Technology (SSET), a premier professional educational institute situated at Palissery near Karukutty, just 8 km away from Angamaly and 7 Km from Koratty infopark.
SSET was established by SCMS group, a well known educational group in Kerala in 1976. SSET Karukutty has been counted as the best Engineering College in Kerala among unaided engineering colleges for 2009, 2010 and 2011 surveyed by RECCAA-NIT. With an intake of 660 students in a year and with six M.Tech programmes, SSET is one of the largest technology institution in Kerala.
Recognition and Affiliation of SSET Karukutty
- The SSET is recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Govt. of India vide their letter No. 770-54-023 (NDEG) / ET / 2001 dated 27/06/2001.
- The Mahatma Gandhi University granted affiliation in accordance with the GO No. (MS) 88/2001/H.Edn. dated 21/07/2001.
About SCMS Group
SCMS group that has grown from a single institution under the Prathap Foundation for Education & Training to a group of ten distinct institutions in various disciplines has proved true the vision of its founder Chairman, Dr. G P C Nayar.
SCMS group has established professional education institutions in the areas of management, Engineering, technology, Biotechnology, Genetic Engineering, Genomics, Proteomics, Tissue Engineering, Hospitality, Commerce, Advertising, Public Relations and Journalism.
Also established a centre in Bnagalore for Engineering and Management and another centre in London for Management (MBA).
An academic complex with college offering engineering and management and Higher Secondary School starting from Play School will soon come up at the Smart City with an investment of Rs. 150 crores.
Quality and excellence are matters of traditions at SCMS. SCMS ensures quality is built into whatever academic activity they enter into.
SCMS Cochin School of Business is internationaly reputed among business and industry only because of their dedication and commitment.
So is their SSET that has been ranked nationally as one among the best 65 engineering colleges in India. Only SCMS has such a ranking in Kerala.
Courses and Branches in SSET Karukutty
- B.Tech course: Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Automobile, Electronics, and Computer Science.
- M.Tech courses: Civil (CAD), Civil (Env), Mechanical (P&I), Computer Science (CS&I), Electronics (VLSI&Communication), and MCA.
Features of SSET Karukutty, Ernakulam
Reputation is the lifeline for a professional institution. At every career interview the first question asked is "from which college have you graduated?".
When you say you are a product of SCMS SSET you do not have to say anything about the quality of education. The corporate houses in India and Middle East are well aware what SCMS is and how good their quality of education is.
Flexible Manufacturing System (FMS) is a fully automated manufacturing system consisting of CNC Machine, Robots and a host of other highly sophisticated machinery.
No human intervention is needed for carrying out production activity in this system. SSET students are given hands on training and experience in its operation. FMS is unique to SSET Karukutty.
SSET builtup quality with the help of management for whom qaulity is a mission. The below list shows some of the main features of SSET Karukutty:
- An excellent team of committed faculty.
- The best infrastructural facilities with latest machinery and equipment.
- Excellent pedgogy (the principles and methods of teaching instruction).
- ISO certified quality teaching system.
- Student Faculty interaction in and out of classrooms.
- Absolute discipline at the campus.
- Close co-operation with the industry.
- Career guidance.
- Extensive soft skill training to enhance employability.
- Placement assistance.
- And the tag of SCMS.