The Civil Supplies Department of the Kerala Government has launched an online system for submission of application forms for new Ration Cards.
An applicant has to use the ‘Citizen Login’ on the Civil Supplies website to access the service. After filling in all the details online in Malayalam, a print out of the form has to be submitted along with the relevant documents at the Taluk Supply Office (TSO) for verification.
Latest Update: Ration Card Renewal Data Verification and Correction
The new Ration Card can be issued in one day if all the documents are in place. Those who don’t have Internet access can approach the nearest Akshaya Centre for this service, which will also accept the forms.
What Is The Procedure To Apply Online For a Ration Card In Kerala?
To apply ration card online in Kerala, visit Kerala Civil Supplies website and register as an applicant. Before you fill up the online registration form read the following details carefully:
- If you have a ration card, register into the website by entering the bar-code number, which is on the last page of your card.
- If you don’t have a ration card, choose No.
- Fill up the User details and submit the registration form.
- An activation link will be displayed. Click on the ‘Activate Account’ button to activate the account.
- Login to the website using the user id and password that you have entered in the registration form.
- If you don’t have a ration card, three functions will be made available to you (Issue of new ration Card, Non Inclusion Certificate and Non Renewal Certificate)
- If you have a ration card, thirteen functions will be displayed.
- Click on the required function.
- Click on the ‘New Application’ link.
- Fill up the form with correct data.
- Upload all mandatory scanned documents only in pdf format with size less than 250 KB in the application.
- Before submitting the form, verify all the data.
- Take a printout of the application form, which you have submitted, for further proceedings. Note the application number and date.
- The following information will be displayed once your application has been submitted successfully.
- Submit the original documents, application printout and the application fees including the cost of the ration card to the Taluk Supply office (TSO) for verification and further proceedings.
- You will receive a token number after accepting the application by TSO. You have to keep this token number for further follow up until you get your ration card.
Click this link to access the website of Civil Supplies, Kerala: http://ecitizen.civilsupplieskerala.gov.in/index.php/c_login. Though signup form is not so user friendly, an average person can manage to get the things done.
What is the procedure to apply a new Ration Card directly (Offline or Traditional Application for Ration Card)?
- Purchase an application form from TSO/DSO office by paying Rs. 5.
- Apply to your Taluk Supply Office with the filled up form and your old Ration Card.
- If you do not belong to the same TSO/CRO then produce the following documents along with the application.
- Residential Certificate issued by LSG office (Panchayat / Municipality / Corporation)
- Reduction/ Surrender certificate/ non-renewal certificate from the TSO from where you belong previously.
- Income Certificate issued by Village officer.
After verification of the above details your new ration card will be issued within 15 days.
More Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Ration Card are available: Frequently Asked Questions About Ration Card (Ration Card FAQ).